Successfull H1B Renewal Stamping in Matamoros, Mexico

vamsi_gemini

H1B Renewal Stamping in Matamoros, Mexico on 12th Feb 2013

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had my Visa appointment on Feb 12th 2013 and ASC appointment on 11th Feb.

Procedure at ASC:

Get the photoshoot and ten print at the ASC on the prior day to the Visa appointment as DS-160 for Matamoros doesnt include photo and will be taken care at ASC, its pretty straight forward and can be done prior to the appointment as well. (I went 3 hours prior and got it done at ASC)

Procedure at US Consulate:

After the first door and security scan we will be routed to the front desk which will verify passport and I-797 to issue the token number.

We will be seated with tokens and wait for your number on the screen, The first booth will not be with Visa officer as there is step which will be done by assitants to collect your Job title and work location and we will be seated in the queue with VO interview.

My Interview with VO:

Me : Good Morning

VO : Good Morning.

VO : Who is your Employer?

Me : I work for XXX.

VO : How long you been working with your employer

Me : so so date

VO : Your employer sounds like outsourcing company?

Me : I am afriad no sir, its totally US based company

VO : Where is your employer located?

Me : told the location

VO : Where is your client location?

Me: Told the location(My employer and client location are same state)

VO: Have you ever been to Bench or not been paid?

Me : I never been in that situation

VO: provide me your W-2 forms

Me: Gave him my last 4 years W-2 forms

VO: Whats you education details?

Me: Did my Masters in so and so Univ

VO: Whats field?

Me: Computer science and showed my certificate

Typed something in the system for 1min

VO: Did your employer applied for the Green card processing?

Me: Yes

VO: Whats the stage of the processing?

Me: I-140 approved and showed him the copy

Typed something in the system for 1min

VO: Your's I-797 is not updated in PIMS and I cant issue your approval now until its verified, come today around 3:00pm if not then come tomorrow around same time, most proobaly it will be done by tomorrow.

Me: Ok, Thanks.

I went on the same and not able to get my passport as I checked it online with my DS-160 application number and its showing Administrative processing.

https://ceac.state.g...ker/Status.aspx (Check the status of your processing)

I checked it on next day and its showing that my Visa is issued and I am ready to collect it today

My feedback:

I went with two other guys who attened with me and they got the Visa stamped on same day as their PIMS is up to date, and there are two other attended on same day got the visa stamped on same day as well.

You will get your Visa if you have proper documentation.

Make sure you dont have these back logs as all the people who attened today with me have been asked the same below.

1) On bench ever

2) Running salary lesser than mentioned it in LCA

More over the processing time in Matamoros is much faster for any queries or PIMS update etc when compared to Canada or India.

No need to wait longer for appointment in Matamporos and getting Mexican Visa is so easy.(With in 30mins you will get in NY mexican embassy).

I went to Ottawa last time and waited for three days to get my stamped visa after approved visa unlike here as we will get it on same day.

Important checklist:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Passort

DS160

Visa Appointment Letter

I-797 original or Copy, LCA, I129

Client letter

Vendor letter

Employment Verification letter

Any contracts between your Employer and Vendor

Other supporting documents(Paystubs, W2, Bank Stmts, Education originals, Tax returns)

I-140, If applied only

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally my sincere thanks to Murthy form, you guys are doing a great job,

Good luck!!!!

- Vamsi

Archived