H1 Denied, Going Back to F1 status

sledgehammer

Hello,

I applied for H1 in April 2012. My OPT expired on Oct 1 2012 and I got my H1 status as denied on Nov 2 2012. I immediately applied to a university to get back to F1 status. The university did not transfer my I-20 when it was supposed to so they issued me a new I-20 with new Sevis number. They asked me to go to Canada and get the I-94.I paid the fees and got all the acceptance documents from the university on December 10, they just did not do the I-20 transfer. I am applying for a Canadian Visa and there is already a 2-3 weeks of waiting period to get the Canadian Visa. So by the time I get to Canada for my US visa stamping it will be, I am guessing, March 2nd week. What do you suggest? Should I go back to India immediately and get it stamped or go to Canada and get it stamped?? I am midway attending the classes. My 180 period will get over on March 31, 2013. What options do I have?

Hmm, a real university doesn't just issue I-20s in a couple of days. Applications take time.

Was that university you applied at a real one, or one of these fraudulent diploma mills?

Care to tell us the name of the institution?

Your only option is probably to leave the country.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They still abuse the CPT rules, and should be avoided because of that.

There probably is an ICE visit in their future...

They might . I have not seen any case where they are violating CPT rules but I will take your words.

However, the question was not that . The question was are they accredited ? (Noah said "Two 'students' attending a bogus 'university' does not make that university accredited.") . And sure they are accredited.

Admin has done a good thing masking the name , otherwise they could probably have sued the forum and its members.

Admin has done a good thing masking the name , otherwise they could probably have sued the forum and its members.

Unlikely. People can express their opinions in this country.

Saying "sounds bogus" or "seems bogus" are opinions.

Saying "is bogus" could be libel, unless the person has evidence to support the allegation.

When I helped expose TVU, I always made sure that what I posted were my opinions ;)

This

Unlikely. People can express their opinions in this country.

Saying "sounds bogus" or "seems bogus" are opinions.

Saying "is bogus" could be libel, unless the person has evidence to support the allegation.

When I helped expose TVU, I always made sure that what I posted were my opinions ;)

This is what Noah wrote --"Two 'students' attending a bogus 'university'" no "seems" no "IMO" etc. a straight "bogus University" .

Archived