Successful H1b visa stamping @ Mumbai India

wadapav

Hi All, I am extremely pleased to inform you all that both me and my wife had successful H1-B stamping done 2 days back at Mumbai, India. I work as a Advisory Manager at one of the US-based big-4 global advisory firms and my wife works as a Senior Technologist at one of the Asset Management firms on Wallstreet, NY. Both of us are FTEs.

The interview for both of us lasted literally <3 minutes. Questions asked were -

- Where in USA do you work

- What is your title/designation at work

- Is your spouse on H4/H1

- (This was to me) : Who is your current client or clients in usa?

However, I had atleast 2 people standing before me who were on EC model (with large Indian IT companies) who had to answer a long list of questions. One of them got his visa approved but the other one was handed over 221-g since he couldnt explain 'who assigns daily project work' properly. Nowadays, with the new Visa office in Mumbai (BKC) one can clearly hear what questions are posed for other candidates :-)

Bottomline : I think the Visa experience is considerably smooth if you are a FTE.

I have been a long follower of murthy forum and has immensely been served with all useful information regarding immigration

All the very best to everyone for stamping !

Regards

wadapav

Archived