Question regarding Visa stamping : 221 g

justunme0805

Hi,

I would appreciate if i could get a piece of advice about the following situation. My colleague went to Ottawa for his visa stamping and got a 221g on Jan 23rd. He hasn't heard anything yet from the consulate. Though the client received a list of questions form the consulate which they answered with the help of a lawyer his case is still pending. We work for the same employer and same client. I have booked for my stamping in Vancouver in March. So do u think it would be a wise idea to travel to Canada to for my visa stamping while my colleague's case is still pending or do u think i should wait till his case gets resolved.Do u think it would effect my stamping process since we are from the same employer and same client or does it depend on individual case.?

It would be great if you could share any similar experiences that you've heard of.

Thanks

1) What is your position in the organization? Are you a full-time employee within the organization?

2) Where is the applicant’s work location? How long has the applicant worked at your organization and how involved are you in the applicant’s day-to-day work activities?

3) How is supervision of the applicant conducted? What type of supervision (off-site, on-site, weekly calls, site visits...) is provided by you, the preferred vendor, and petitioner? If you are not aware of the type of supervision conducted by vendors or the petitioner please do not try to find the answer; we will ask the relevant parties. We would appreciate if you could provide some level of detail and give an example of the day-to-day supervision of the applicant.

4) What is your perspective on who controls the applicant’s work? For example, who has the right to control the work of the applicant on a day-to-day basis, if such control is required? Who determines the applicant’s daily activities? We would appreciate if you could provide some level of detail and an example on how this takes place on a daily basis.

5) What is your perspective on who determines the direction of the applicant’s project? Please provide an example.

6) Who provides the tools or instrumentalities for the applicant to perform the duties of employment?

7) Based on your understanding, where is the petitioner and/or preferred vendor offices located and how often are they present at the applicant’s work location? How often does the applicant interact with the petitioner and/or the preferred vendor? What is your perspective on the level of petitioner and/or preferred vendor involvement? Does your organization rely on the petitioner and/or preferred vendor in assisting with the applicant’s work or is the petitioner and/or preferred vendor primary function staffing temporary workers within your organization?

8) Based on your understanding who hires, pays, and has the ability to fire the applicant and who claims the applicant for tax purposes and provides the applicant with employee benefits? If you are not sure, there is no need to answer the question; the purpose of this questionnaire is to understand your perspective of the applicant’s employment.

1) What is your position in the organization? Are you a full-time employee within the organization?

2) Where is the applicant’s work location? How long has the applicant worked at your organization and how involved are you in the applicant’s day-to-day work activities?

3) How is supervision of the applicant conducted? What type of supervision (off-site, on-site, weekly calls, site visits...) is provided by you, the preferred vendor, and petitioner? If you are not aware of the type of supervision conducted by vendors or the petitioner please do not try to find the answer; we will ask the relevant parties. We would appreciate if you could provide some level of detail and give an example of the day-to-day supervision of the applicant.

4) What is your perspective on who controls the applicant’s work? For example, who has the right to control the work of the applicant on a day-to-day basis, if such control is required? Who determines the applicant’s daily activities? We would appreciate if you could provide some level of detail and an example on how this takes place on a daily basis.

5) What is your perspective on who determines the direction of the applicant’s project? Please provide an example.

6) Who provides the tools or instrumentalities for the applicant to perform the duties of employment?

7) Based on your understanding, where is the petitioner and/or preferred vendor offices located and how often are they present at the applicant’s work location? How often does the applicant interact with the petitioner and/or the preferred vendor? What is your perspective on the level of petitioner and/or preferred vendor involvement? Does your organization rely on the petitioner and/or preferred vendor in assisting with the applicant’s work or is the petitioner and/or preferred vendor primary function staffing temporary workers within your organization?

8) Based on your understanding who hires, pays, and has the ability to fire the applicant and who claims the applicant for tax purposes and provides the applicant with employee benefits? If you are not sure, there is no need to answer the question; the purpose of this questionnaire is to understand your perspective of the applicant’s employment.

thanks

Archived