EAD-AP renewal - photos got interchanged

nrao9

Hi,

my existing EAD-AP is valid till March 8th. I had renwed my cards in time but photos got interchanged for me and for my wife. (my wife's pic got printed on my card and my pic was printed on her card). we had sent them for correction through our attorney and it was on January 25th, still now we haven't gotten receipt numbers from USCIS (attorney said, they were sent Nebraska service center), there was a delay. I have called USCIS customer service and they said it can take upto 30 days to receive receipts. I don't have much time left and my status is "AOS". can somebody please advise on what can be done to expedite the process and have it corrected.

is it considered as my EAD-AP extended or it is considered extended only after correcting the above error???

thanks in advance.

There are a couple options where the card with the incorrect photo could have been used (or could be used now) to document your authorization to work.

Of course, you should receive the receipt for the replacement EAD before March 8. and then that can be used.

Please schedule a consultation with a qualified immigration attorney to further discuss your options.

There are a couple options where the card with the incorrect photo could have been used (or could be used now) to document your authorization to work.

Of course, you should receive the receipt for the replacement EAD before March 8. and then that can be used.

Please schedule a consultation with a qualified immigration attorney to further discuss your options.

Thanks very much Attorney_25 for your reply.

Just want to get clarity on your reply,

1. Card with picture error, still be used to present for work authorization. (Off course, I have sent it for correction to USCIS)

2. can the receipt number be used for sttus proof / authorization to work.

3. what is my status, in case, if my EAD-AP is still pending after March 8th.

could you please clarify above questions.

thanks very much.

Archived