F1 to H1 B

ashvin_183

Hi All,

I completed my first Master of Science in Electrical engineering, my OPT got expire in December 2012, now I enrolled in another Master (Computer engineering) in another university. and I am working on full time CPT. my job is related to my first master which is Electrical engineering.this year my employer ready to file my H1 B.and he asked me for all my I 20's along with all other documents.

now my question is ,

Do I need to provide my I 20 from second master(computer engineering) as well ,along with my I 20 from first master?

Is there any impact can be from my second master in getting approval for H1 B as my job is related to my first master(Electrical engineering)?

Yes you need to supply your most recent I-20 (the one for the second Masters). Attending school in an area not directly related to the H-1B position will not disqualify you from being approved for H-1B status. Generally, concealing information that is possibly relevant to your immigration status will cause you problems, in some cases even causing you to be permanently barred from the US on the basis of fraud. (Probably not in this case though.) Please discuss this issue with the attorney filing your H-1B, or another qualified immigration attorney, before going forward with the H-1B.

I am working on full time CPT. my job is related to my first master which is Electrical engineering.

CPT is curriculum practical training, and therefore by definition -- and immigration laws, regulations, and rules -- has to be related to current studies. You may well have created a notable problem for yourself by "working full time [on] CPT ... related to [your] first Masters [in] electrical engineering", which is in violation of the immigration laws, regulations, and rules, and is fraudulent.

Archived