F1 to OPT to H1B to F1

ad77

Hi Murthy Forums,

I am currently pursuing my second masters (MBA) in the US. I have previously completed another masters from the US and was on OPT and then on H1B. I have received an offer of employment to begin work in June 2013 after graduation from my second masters.

However, since I exhausted my OPT after my 1st masters, I was wondering what my options are. Please see below the details on my visa status.

Visa Status....................From..........................To.....................................Purpose............................................Duration

F1..................................Aug 07........................Aug 08.............................First Masters Degree........................12 months

OPT (F1).......................Sep 08........................Sep 09.............................First Employment.............................12 months

H1B................................Oct 09........................May 11.............................First Employment..............................20 months

F1..................................Aug 11........................May 13.............................Second Masters Degree (MBA).........

I utilized 20 months on my H1B after my 1st Master's degree, and the H1B expired in Oct 12, while I was on my F1 during my current second masters.

Please advise on my options if I were to start work in June 2013.

Thank you so much!

Archived