Can I get my first H1B stamped in the UK ?

mayankcu

I plan to travel to the UK for business and have a quick question regarding my H1B stamping.

I got my H1B approved in April 2012 before which I was on a F1 VISA(with a VISA validity until 2015), since then I have not traveled outside the country and hence my H1B VISA is not stamped.

Once I leave the US I will need to get my VISA stamped to return back. I wanted to check if this can be done in the UK as I am travelling for work there OR do I have to go back to my home country (India) to get my first H1B stamped ?

You can get the H1B Stamped from anywhere in the world excluding USA. Just know that you are taking a huge risk by leaving the country. I was in a similar situation as you. Went to US on a F1 which after graduation was switched to an H1 in 2006. Meanwhile i started my green card process. Now i went to london in Nov to get the visa stamped and they put it in 221g administrative process. Its been 3 months and i have not recieved any update. I am stuck in Pakistan waiting to hear from the counsulate so i can get the stamp on my passport and finally go to USA and rejoin my work. I would not recommed you leaving teh country unless and until it is ABSOLUTELY necessary ( it was in my case). I wish you the best of luck.

Archived