Job Description Query for Labor Certification

priyank15

Hi,

I am working with my company which has filed for Labor Certification for my Geen Card. The immigration lawyer received a query from the Department of Labor asking a detailed job description. The Lawyer needs from me/company an elaborate job profile which will satisfy my case.

I am a currently a Java/Web Developer - mid level in my company and had 4 yrs experience before joining this company, also have an M.S. in Computer Science. I need the case to be filed in EB2 category.

I discussed this with my manager and looks like I have to work on this with the HR to come up with an appropriate Job Description to reply to DOL. The lawyer has currently used "Lead Developer Web Applications"

DOL's request: The jobs duties indicate that the position will lead projects resulting in functional enhancements of web-based applications. Please provide the duties associated with lead projects resulting in functional enhancements of web-based applications. Please provide occupations of the team members the employee may lead.

I have searched through the existing and previous job postings of my company and trying to come up with the something.

Is it required to match my profile, experience, background? How can I go about making this profile? really Urgent.

Thanks

You may "need" - actually want - the case to be filed in EB2. It should be filed based on the REAL qualifications for the job. Many web developers do not possess even a BS degree as that is a topic taught in vo-tech schools.

It is not YOUR responsibility to write your job description to meet some standard. Your HR department should have a job description already available (if it is a legitimate, high quality company).

This appears to be fraudulent activity. You employer needs to hire an attorney to deal with this.

YOU need to stay really far away from a task that is not your responsibility. A job description may not be tailorered to the individual they are trying to qualify for a GC.

• 2 weeks later...

OP- your manager is right. Work with hr dept. but at the same time and involve him/her to modify or to correct the job description. Based on your info the Lead word is causing the trouble.

Ask your lawyer when they filled the perm paperwork, did they mention anyone reporting to you? If they did not then the law firm need to send a memo explaining the confusion behind the word 'lead'.

Archived