H4 to H1 I94 not matching

h4h1help

1. Hi,

I have this scenario i am residing in h4 and applied for h1 on june ,it got an RFE on oct .

I had to got to india on nov before we replied to rfe as there was a family emergency.

So i came back on dec12 and we replied on dec16 with the new I94 i came in.

Now i got my h1b approved on jan and i received all the docs of h1b.Here the problem comes-

I have received the i94 of h1b which is not the same i94 i came in recently.

As per the attorney and Employer they had sent the new i94 with RFE docs for reply.

Please let me know what am i supposed to do?

somebody is suggesting to go for h1b stamping.i am really lost! Please advise!!!

You are lucky you received an approval with I-94, since technically you abandoned your COS request when you left the US while the petition was pending. If your attorney did in fact provide the new I-94 upon RFE response, and USCIS thus was on notice of your travel, then it is purely USCIS' mistake. Theoretically they could come back and revoke the approval of COS (the I-94, not approval of the petition) and that is why it's a good idea to travel and return. Please consult with a qualified attorney for more information.

Archived