Doesn't have W2 for year 2008

camden1022

I'm going to Canada for my H1 B stamping. My H1 started in 2008. I don't have an W2 for that entire year (My employer didn't run my pay stubs). But I have my W2's from 2009 to till date perfectly. Will that be a problem for me ?(not having W2 for 2008) in getting my stamping. BTW I'm going to Vancouver for my stamping.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like you are in a hurry to counter post rather than understanding the post.

** My suggestion was to provide clean history in future. I didnot state anywhere VO checks future employment.

Your suggestion is still wrong, and more akin to gambling.

The officers can check ALL the past employment records if they feel there may be something fishy.

If you want to gamble with your own future, fine, but don't suggest that others gamble with theirs.

I agree. In Jan13, I appeared for H-1B visa interview in Toronto, Canada. I made one simple mistake and received 221-G form. As a part of 221-G form, US Consulate verified that I was legally working in US for past 3 years by asking me to provide W-2, Tax Returns, Salary slips, check images that my employer paid me etc and also client letter that the job is in place for me in future. Even after I submitted all these docs, they called up my client manager to verify these details. Finally, I received H-1b visa after 3.5 weeks. So anything can happen once you go for visa interview.

Your suggestion is still wrong, and more akin to gambling.

The officers can check ALL the past employment records if they feel there may be something fishy.

If you want to gamble with your own future, fine, but don't suggest that others gamble with theirs.

Did i say they will not check past employment history? My suggestion was what happened in past is beyond his control at this point of time. So i told him atleast provide good employment record in future.

If you just want to counter post without understanding my intention. I cannot do much.

Did i say they will not check past employment history? My suggestion was what happened in past is beyond his control at this point of time. So i told him atleast provide good employment record in future.

If you just want to counter post without understanding my intention. I cannot do much.

You said "Last 2 yrs W-2 are more than enough"

That is what is wrong, plain and simple.

Are you now retracting that sentence?

Or are you still trying to show an attitude???

You said "Last 2 yrs W-2 are more than enough"

That is what is wrong, plain and simple.

Are you now retracting that sentence?

Or are you still trying to show an attitude???

At interview, VO asks for latest W2 (may go up to last 2-3 yrs). Will not ask for W-2 from day 1 -till date. No way he will ask all W-2.

If you have a special case/heard of it let me know. I have no issue learning from you.

At interview, VO asks for latest W2 (may go up to last 2-3 yrs). Will not ask for W-2 from day 1 -till date. No way he will ask all W-2.

They can ask for ALL W2s, and there are cases where they did.

Your post is simply wrong! Please do not suggest gambling with somebody' future.

If you have a special case/heard of it let me know. I have no issue learning from you.

Hang out at forums, read posts, it is happening.

They can and have asked for W2s from more than 2-3 years back.

Don't tell people they can gamble with their future.

They can ask for ALL W2s, and there are cases where they did.

Your post is simply wrong! Please do not suggest gambling with somebody' future.

Hang out at forums, read posts, it is happening.

They can and have asked for W2s from more than 2-3 years back.

Don't tell people they can gamble with their future.

My attorney/friends/employer suggested to take last 2-3 yrs W-2. I don't know why you hate to accept the truth.

** I haven't heard or read any post in any of the immigration forums where VO asked W2 more than last 2-3 yrs.

All my posts are based on reality and process followed by me as per my attorney/employer suggestion. I don't use "if" and "but" and don't advise/suggest people based on stories.

There is no gamble in it!! If you think you can create a panic among folks going for interview. You may succeed!!

My attorney/friends/employer suggested to take last 2-3 yrs W-2. I don't know why you hate to accept the truth.

The TRUTH is that they can ask for all years.

And what your "whatever" says is irrelevant. Nobody here knows them

"Some anonymous guy told me that his friend's friend told him" doesn't cut it with the consulate.

The bottom line is that your flawed "advice" is nothing more than gambling. Gamble with your own future if you want. You are an adult.

But do NOT tell others to gamble with their future.

End of story.

While I agree with JoeF that it is a gamble (no matter how slim the chances are) , at this point OP does not seem to have any other option. OP cannot complaint to DOL since it is over an year. What other option does he have except to just go for a gamble ? May be stay out of US for a year or so and then try a new H1 ..... Even that might be a problem.

The TRUTH is that they can ask for all years.

And what your "whatever" says is irrelevant. Nobody here knows them

"Some anonymous guy told me that his friend's friend told him" doesn't cut it with the consulate.

The bottom line is that your flawed "advice" is nothing more than gambling. Gamble with your own future if you want. You are an adult.

But do NOT tell others to gamble with their future.

End of story.

Every moment in life is gamble. Life doesn't come with warranty and guarantee. You need to accept the fact.

My suggestions are always based on my personal experience and i don't trust/make cooked up stories.

"THEY CAN" ask anything during interview. They can ask paystubs for last 1-2-3 yrs. Can you gaurantee that VO will not ask paystub more than 3-6 months?? But every lawyer suggests 3-6 months. We can't just argue on exceptional cases.

Take it easy my friend !!

Every moment in life is gamble.

As I said, if you personally want to gamble, fine. Just don't tell others to gamble.

My suggestions are always based on my personal experience

And that does NOT NOT NOT mean that others have the same experience.

That's where your fundamental mistake is.

"THEY CAN" ask anything during interview. They can ask paystubs for last 1-2-3 yrs. Can you gaurantee that VO will not ask paystub more than 3-6 months?? But every lawyer suggests 3-6 months. We can't just argue on exceptional cases.

I can't guarantee anything.

But YOU claimed to be able to guarantee that they don't ask for more than 2 years.

THAT'S what is wrong. You can NOT NOT NOT make any such claim.

You said "Last 2 yrs W-2 are more than enough." No disclaimer, nothing. You said it as if you were the ultimate authority. VERY OBVIOUSLY, you are not. You made this up. And you need to retract this BS.

They can and they have asked for more. They may not ask every time, but there absolutely is no guarantee that they will not ask for more.

Anybody who claims that they will not ask for more is simply wrong, and is giving wrong and dangerous advice.

You need to retract that bogus advice you gave.

And next time, be a bit more careful when you give advice. Thank you.

@JoeF : As mentioned earlier, while I agree h1batvancouver's suggestion is a gamble for OP, what would be an alternative option for OP? He seems to have closed all other doors. Again, I am not disputing that it is gamble but trying to see if there is other option

Well, it is for the OP to decide if he wants to take that risk.

I am just trying to make clear that there is a risk. h1batvancouver made it looks like a sure thing, and that's what I didn't like.

People can make informed decisions based on valid information. What h1batvancouver just wasn't valid information.

Archived