get 221(g) from Toronto on 6th Feb 2012

dildarbanega

HI,

I got 221g yellow slip from consulate.

He ask me is I am convicted any time in USA. I said no. He ask me three times.

Then he said you are aressted by xxxxxx county on this date. I said I was aressted not convicted.

He said its on your record.

He kept my passport and return other documents.

Now status showing Admin processing.

How long it will take?.I will get visa or not.

please help????

Hi,

Why were u arrested ? Did ur case go to trial ? If u were not convicted was the case dismissed ? If it was dismissed or if u were found not guilty, do u have any court disposition document showing that ?

It really helps if you have court disposition letter. Also try to get state police dept. background check.

I have a similar case. I was arrested, 10 printed but I have a court document saying that I was not guilty, and acquitted of all the charges and records be expunged. I also have a state police background check copy.

Try to get these docs.

Hopefully ur case gets resolved soon and u get ur Visa.

All the best. And keep posted what happened. I have my interview in March.

Hi,

Why were u arrested ? Did ur case go to trial ? If u were not convicted was the case dismissed ? If it was dismissed or if u were found not guilty, do u have any court disposition document showing that ?

It really helps if you have court disposition letter. Also try to get state police dept. background check.

I have a similar case. I was arrested, 10 printed but I have a court document saying that I was not guilty, and acquitted of all the charges and records be expunged. I also have a state police background check copy.

Try to get these docs.

Hopefully ur case gets resolved soon and u get ur Visa.

All the best. And keep posted what happened. I have my interview in March.

Hi ,

I was arressted and case goes to trial. My fault was that I was at wrong place at wrong time. I am in a hookah shop with my friend Then undercover cops come there and aresst all the guys present there including the shop guy. They said you are selling illegal drugs which is banned and in school zone. They took us to police station and record our statements in camera. But they dont have any proof against me that I am selling or buying anything.

I gets PTI for 18 months. I have to call them once a month and have to pay total of $1500. I already paid all amount. I ask them before coming here. Shall I go. They said yes you can go. I tell them all my details when I am leaving and coming back and where I am staying in Canada.

Please guide . shall I call PTI guys to mail me something that says I am not guilty which I will sent to consulate.

Hi ,

I was arressted and case goes to trial. My fault was that I was at wrong place at wrong time. I am in a hookah shop with my friend Then undercover cops come there and aresst all the guys present there including the shop guy. They said you are selling illegal drugs which is banned and in school zone. They took us to police station and record our statements in camera. But they dont have any proof against me that I am selling or buying anything.

I gets PTI for 18 months. I have to call them once a month and have to pay total of $1500. I already paid all amount. I ask them before coming here. Shall I go. They said yes you can go. I tell them all my details when I am leaving and coming back and where I am staying in Canada.

Please guide . shall I call PTI guys to mail me something that says I am not guilty which I will sent to consulate.

Your situation is more complicated than just the arrest itself. You should not have lied to the immigration official. When he asked you for the first time you should have told him the truth and upon request provided him with all the court papers. Now you have to just wait and hope. Did you carry with you all the necessary papers?

Hi Dildar,

As per me, the answer you gave to VO is absolutely fine.

You can get arrested for anything. It's when you go to court and are found guilty that is a conviction.

Moreover, he kept your passport with him, that means you can keep hopes high. It is a matter of time.

My sympathies are with you.

If you need to stay for longer than expected, contact me at dba.qadir@gmail.com.

I provide accommodation to H1b candidates in Toronto.

Archived