Not having MS from US. Am i eligible for h1b visa stamping from canada?

mattah

1. I am currently in USA and recently got my H1B visa extension. I am not having M.S. Degree from USA. Am i eligible for visa stamping from canada?

2. During my previous visa stamping (from chennai, India - 2 years ago), since my parents not aware of their exact DOB, they gave me some approximate dates. Now, i am not remebering what my parents told earlier. If i enter approximate dates for my parents in this new DS160, does this dates should match the old DS160?

Hi Mattah,

i can definitely answer your 1st question,,, Yes, you can go to Canada, i gave my interview in Jan 2013, and the person with whom i shared my room with was also not having MS degree from US, he gave his interview on 21st Jan and got approved..We both got approval from Toronto consulate.

Hi Mattah,

Yes, You can go to Canada for H4 - H1b stamping. There are many cases.

Hi Ajit,

Do you have Masters from India, if so is it related to the work you are doing ?

As there are questions asked about the relevant educational qualifications in Toronto H1b stamping.

I appreciate your response.

I went for stamping in Toronto. I do not have a masters. My first visa stamping was done in India. It's a different story i was issued a 221g but to answer your question, yes you can come to canada. Just come prepared.

@pinusa: While i was waiting i heard a number of people being interviewed about their educational background. Some of the questions i remember...

* What was your major in ?

* What was your thesis/research on ?

* One guy from andhra was asked:

> What are the subjects you took in your masters. He said "Algorithms, Database etc.."

> What project are you working on now?

> How does your masters help in your current project.

* One guy from pakistan was asked:

> Explain your thesis.

> Why should they select you based on your thesis?

> How is your thesis/research work different from other papers submitted on the same topic?

Hope this helps!

Archived