Visa Stamping interview- Hyd

nefan

Hello,

I needed some advice about an issue before I went for my H1B Visa stamping in Hyderabad. I did my masters in the US and had an H1. But got a 221g in Ottawa, Canada. So i moved to a prime vendor, got a new H1 and am going the stamping in Hyderabad again.

My issue is, I had a run in with the law during my Master's. The issue is that I was arrested after my Ex GF called the cops when we were having an argument. She was new to US and didn't know the severity of calling the cops. We explained that to the cops and they let me go immediately. But since they were called by 911 and they arrived at the scene, they gave me a court date.

I spoke to an attorney about this and she took up the case. On the court date, I didn't even face the judge. My Ex GF was with me during the court appointment. The attorney went and talked to the judge and came back and told us, the case was dismissed and would be treated as a misdemeanor at worst. I paid the court fees, judge fees etc, and my attorney assured me this wouldn't reflect in my History and would be treated as nothing more than a speeding ticket.

But when i search for court records I see that record. Would this be an issue? If they ask me about this, I am planning to tell them the truth. But is there a better way to answer if I am asked. The first question I was asked in Ottawa was if i had any run ins with the law. I told them I had a couple of speeding tickets but nothing major.

Please help. My hair are turning grey over this.

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

But when i search for court records I see that record. Would this be an issue? If they ask me about this, I am planning to tell them the truth. But is there a better way to answer if I am asked. The first question I was asked in Ottawa was if i had any run ins with the law. I told them I had a couple of speeding tickets but nothing major.

You are currently facing the consequences for lying during the interview.

What are you expecting by 'better way' to answer a question? It should be TRUTH.

Archived