Need suggestion on F-2 Visa

kirangaddam

Hi All,

Iam on OPT extension and it is expiring in July 2013.I recently got married and Iam planning to bring my wife to U.S on F-2 visa.I have been working for last 1 and half year. I have some questions.

1.Can I sponser my wife or is it better if my father in law or my father sponser her.Need your suggestions.

2.What are the chances of getting a F-2 visa if I sponser my wife or my father or my father in law.

Appreciate your help

Thanks,

Kiran

Hi

I am on OPT currently and it is valid until July, 2013. I am elligible for OPT extension being a STEM candidate. I recently got married and my husband is in India. He had H1 which needs to be renewed. My question is can I sponsor my husband as a dependant in OPT? And in case if he gets his dependant visa, can he renew his H1 from his OPT dependant visa (F2) ? I would really aprreciate if you can clear my concept.

To have your husband to come in as F-2 while you are in F-1 status. he will need to demonstrate the intent to leave the US at the conclusion of your studies, and in addition show your maintenance of status including working during the OPT period, so this will be more challenging than just applying for H-4 later on. You may want to contact a qualified immigration attorney to help him prepare properly if he decides to apply for the F-2.

Archived