Same client with change is address

sdoshi

Hello,

I am working for a client since 2010 and now they are shifting 12 miles away from current location beginning Feb15

Do I need to file:

A. New LCA?

B. New Amendment?

I will be going for visa stamping this year but I am unsure what is required.

I believe LCA change is sufficient which is what I read somewhere but not sure

Please advice

It is possible that the existing LCA will be valid for the new location. If it is, an amendment may not be required. This is a grey area and currently USCIS is not hardline on it, but they do keep promising to create a more clear policy on it in the future. You may find many of the consulates are hardline, (improperly) requiring amendment where USCIS doesn't. I recommend that you have your attorney review the specific facts of your case.

It's not an issue of distance unfortunately - it's an issue of "metropolitian statistical area." In the same MSA, it is my position that a new LCA is not required, as I have studied this issue closely. However it may be a good idea anyway for various reasons. Therefore, if you have a chance to file a new LCA, then do it. Amendment also is not required, but also may be advisable for various reasons - especially if you are going to a consulate like those in India, which create requirements that don't exist in the law.

Archived