I485 RFE - Need to go out of country


Recommended Posts


My current situation is as follows:

My wife has filed for GC under EB1-C, and me as her dependant. We received approval for her I-140 on 1/18. She received RFE on I-485 on 1/26 (still waiting on the details, but we are assuming that it is for the TDAP vaccine as she is expecting, and due in April). She already received the TDAP vaccine, but this was after the documents were filed, so we are thinking this is the reason for the RFE.

We did not get our EAD/AP documents yet, nor has it been approved yet.

I came to the US on H4, and then switched over to my old H1-B when I found a new job. I still don't have an H1-B stamp on passport, so when I do travel I need to go to the consulate to get the stamping done. Now my question is, when can I travel without putting risk to my GC or my chances of coming back to the US.

I have to travel outside the country before the middle of March for a week or so. What should I do?

Do I travel before responding to the RFE or as soon as she responds to it? Or if I travel, is it going to become an issue?

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.