Need Universities which offer CPT from first day?

nvspratap

Hello All,

My OPT extension got denied, my F1 is valid till June 2015. I am looking to find a university which offers CPT from first day....

Please help me, universites in North East are preffered.

Thanks,

H1Ranger

Dude, you don't read the news? Have you even heard of TUV, *******? If not its better to learn now.

Forget about CPT, the only option you have is find an employer who can file your H1 if you fall under cap-gap or pack your bag and leave USA.

If you still want to work in CPT then you have to forget about USA when you file H1 next year.

My OPT extension got denied, my F1 is valid till June 2015. I am looking to find a university which offers CPT from first day....

There are none, unless you want to get an ankle bracelet and want to get deported and banned for life.

CPT is dead. TVU killed it, and **** and ******* made sure it stays dead.

OP, Go home and have your employer file for H1B in April so you can return in Oct. Your extension was denied for a reason. Don't compound your problems with an overstay or other stupid plan.

Oh, if your employer wonlt file or wait for your return, you obviously aren't as good as you think.

I would tend to agree with these posters that CPT is generally not a pretty option. There may be a few programs, nursing is one I have seen, where CPT is necessary to continue the program from early on and thus is acceptable, but generally first-semester OPT is contrary to the regulations. You didn't state why your OPT extension was denied - you might want an attorney to review that issue also.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived