Successful VISA Stamping Interview @ HYD - 31st Jan 2013

Jet

Hi All,

I would like to thank each and everyone here for the valuable information which is being shared.

Before I post my Interview exp, here is one scenario which I was worried about before going to the interview.

My client work site changed from building A to building B (across the signal <1mile). I have updated the new client work site building B address in the DS 160. I did not make any ammendment of LCA or H1B. I have done a lot a research in the this forum as well as online and figured it out that no new LCA or H1B ammendment is needed. But I was still worried about this fact before going to the interview.

coming to the VI, it was a straight forwarded one. VI officer appeared frustrated in general for some reason. Male American.

VI: Good Morning.

Me: Hi Officer Good Morning. How are you doing today?

VI: Who is ur employer?

Me: xxx

VI: Do you have an in house project or do you have a client?

Me: I have a client. It is xxx

VI: Where do you work?

Me: Client location in xxx city.

VI: What is your annual salary?

Me: xxx

VI: Can I see your W2 for last year?

Me: Handed over 3 W2's for 2012. ( I had changed my employer in 2012. My old employer had a merger as well. so in total 3 w2's)

VI: Why did you change your employer?

Me: My client xxx wanted me to move to an xxx preferred vendor

VI: Why is he controlling you?

Me: xxx is not controlling me. My employer has rights on me. According to the updated policy of xxx they can have employees only from their preferred vendors.

VI: Why is he controlling you? why cant xxx hire you? I am sure xxx can definetly hire you.

Me: (dont know what to ans here) I guess may be xxx have reached the max limit of h1b they can file for the year or they have reached the max limit on h1b employees they can have in the team.

VI: Shocked, stairing ...huh is it. Thinking.... ok I am issuing the visa.

Me: Thank You officer.

I am very much relieved right now.

All the best guys for your visa interviews.

Archived