H4 to F1 RFE- Need Urgent Help

anurag_ccna@yahoo.co.in

Hi all,

My wife just got a RFE in H4-F1 process. They are asking for her bank statements showing that her father is sending funds to support her studies as mentioned in her I-20.

Here is the background of application process what we did; As Her father is sponsoring, we did submit her's father affidavit of support with bank letter showing amount around $40000, and all other supportive documents.

As we understand (to avoid IT enquiry) its diffcult for anyone to send $40000 to her US checking/savings account. So her father just sent her one semester fee which we can show in bank statement to USCIS.

I have two questions:

1) Is it acceptable to USCIS if her bank statement shows wire transfer from her father of $12000(one sem fee). As she has already paid that fee and her remaining bank balance is now only $200.

2) As i am her husband(on H1B), except education which is father is supporting, i am supporting her other expenses. Do i need to fill I-134 to state that i am supporting also.

So now USCIS will be having 2nd sponsor also. Is it a good idea?

Please guys i need you help. I am ready to pay lawyer fee if any.

Thanks,

Anurag

The funds are not required to be in a US bank and are not required to be in the student's name. A letter from the father committing the funds for the student's use, along with proof of the money in the foreign bank, should be sufficient. Documentation should be recent. Certainly a husband could also serve as a sponsor. I suggest speaking with an attorney who is specifically knowledgeable in F-1 issues. (Many aren't as F-1 issues are primarily handled by DSOs at the schools.)

• 1 year later...

Hey Anurag,

I think my case is similar to yours, I have got RFE asking for I-134 form. I have showed that my father from India is sponsoring my education, now I-134 form ask for details such sponsors USA visa details, I-94 record, US bank account and stock details. My father is in India , these questions are not applicable to him so can you please guide me how to proceed further in this.

Note: During application I had submitted my husband last 3 months pay stubs and visa docs as advised my school advisor, but for my I-20 I had showed my fathers bank account details.

Please help me!!

Archived