Part-time load for final one or two semesters?

F1struggle

I have finished my classes and I am registered for my research credits(spring), so I only have 3 credit registration for this semester. I plan to graduate at the end of this semester. However, if my thesis extends into the next semester(fall) then am I allowed to be part-time for that semester too? Basically, I'm trying to see if it is legally ok to be part-time for two semesters with only thesis/research registrtion? Also, what if my dept. wants me to take additional classes once I apply for graduation and I have to take those classes. So I will be 3 credits of class for the fall(not research, but regular).

I'm pretty sure this situation won't happen, but I'm asking just incase it happens. My Dept. is a little weird and they keep changing rules on course requirements.

You need to speak with your DSO and advisor. You NEED to finish; so quit posting to forums about how to get around a problem caused by your failure to work hard enough to get done.

Ofcourse I understand that. One part of compelting a thesis is working hard towards it. However, working and not working is only one factor associated with thesis work. I imagine those of us who have graduate degrees understand this by now.Sometimes things get delayed by administrative processing/advisor issues etc.

I asked my advisor - he said I should be able to finish

I spoke to DSO - the office most students finish in one semester but in case there is some delay then the students needs to apply for maintenance of matriculation for the next semester until the thesis is approved and accepted.

Archived