very urgent opt to h1 b

aasthu

Hello Everyone,

I had a contracting job and was on STEM OPT till april 5th 2011.My employer applied for h1 B on april 21 and I had to quit my job because he applied for h1 after opt expired.I came to India last week for family emergency and now I know h1 b is approved and I can start working Oct 1 2011 but I need lo look for a job.Can I go for h1 b stamping without job and paychecks and the client letter?

or do I take i 20 from some school and enter the US with this I 20 and then change to h1 b.

which one is safe.

Please suggest as I am confused and I dont know what to do.

Thank you so much for reading my question and am expecting response very soon.

• 2 weeks later...

You have a job - with the employer who file your H-1B. There is no entering the US to "look for a job". If this is the case, your employer is a fraud.

An I-20 implies you intend to attend school; you do not. You intend to abuse an F1 visa to look for a job. An F1 would only allow you to enter 1 month before classes start; you would have to pay tuition and fees and actually attend classes - not skip out to look for a job. No legitimate university is admitting advanced degree students at this late date.

You either need to wait for your employer to send you proper documents and go for stamping and reenter no earlier than 1 week before Oct 1 or you need to find a job in your home country.

Archived