H1B Education Qualifications

prudhvi007

Hi,

One of my friends has a Bachelors degree and 3.5 years of work experience.His company is ready to file his H1-B this year.However, H1-B requires 16 years of education.Is it possible that 3 years of work experience gets accounted to 1 year of degree equivalent? Can the company still go ahead and file H1 with a bachelors degree and 3.5 years work ex? ANy help is gretaly appreciated.

Hi,

One of my friends has a Bachelors degree and 3.5 years of work experience.His company is ready to file his H1-B this year.However, H1-B requires 16 years of education.

No, it doesn't.

For an H1, the job has to require at least the equivalent of a 4-year US Bachelor degree, and the applicant has to have the required degree.

The amount of education before entering college is irrelevant.

Hi,

One of my friends has a Bachelors degree and 3.5 years of work experience.His company is ready to file his H1-B this year.However, H1-B requires 16 years of education.Is it possible that 3 years of work experience gets accounted to 1 year of degree equivalent? Can the company still go ahead and file H1 with a bachelors degree and 3.5 years work ex? ANy help is gretaly appreciated.

If his company is ready to file the H1 then why are you bothered about it. Let them file, even your friend is not worried about it then why are you getting worried??

Archived