H1 Visa Stamping in Toronto on Jan 30. EVC model. 7th Year.

Mesmeriser16

Thanks to all the members who post their experiences.

This was my 4th visa stamping and the most easiest.

Last 3 times, I never read forums nor gathered information from any. I just collected documents required from uscis site and just arrived right at the consulate. All three times at chennai.

One of the three times, I even messed up the DS160 completely and still managed to get the visa.

This is first time in Canada.This time, i was reading everything on the forums and managed to get completely insecure about the visa interview. :-(

However, here is the deal. I am in my 7th year of h1B. I have i 140 approved from my previous employer who I have left 5 months back. This scenario was the main reason that was making me uncomfortable.

( 7th year h1b but with I140 from previous employer ).. I could not find any post related to this scenario and it was very mixed opinions. I scheduled an appointment with Murthy's attorney , paid 150 and cleared my doubts.

Attorney from Murthy said that it is completely legal and I can go ahead for visa appointment, but cautioned me to prepare myself for Employee n Employer questions.

My appointment was at 9:00 AM. when I arrived at 9 , they made us wait in a queue and it took an hour for us to let us in. After you get in , its a waiting game ..

Step 1. A lady sets your Confirmation page and passport in a blue folder.

Step 2. Folder collection ( PIMS checks )

Step 3. Finger printing

Step 4. Interview.

Here's how it went down.

ME: Good Morning Officer. How are you

VO: Good Morning. Im good. How are you?

ME: I am doing great.

VO: Are you Mr XXX?

ME: Yes . that would be me.

VO: do u work for Mr. XXX?

ME: Yes

VO: What do you do?

ME: my job title

VO: Whoz ur end Client?

ME: XXX Client.

VO: Whats your annual salary?

ME XXXXX$ per annum

VO: How long were yo working with Company.

ME: Since Aug 2012

VO: How long were yo working with client.

ME: Since Aug 2012

VO: Can I see your paystubs since August.

ME: Handed them over.

She examined all of them. ( all my paystubs were in tact )

VO : Your visa is approved and you will get it in a week. ( Handing a white form which says what u should do if u get a visa )

She kept my I 797 & Passport.

There were 3 VOs who are interviewing the applicants. Surprisingly, I found only h1b cases.

Almost all of them got the visa ( one girl's visa was approved but had to wait for PIMS verification)

One guy, who did masters here received a 221 G . They wanted to do more processing on his MS thesis.)

From my experience, what I learnt is that , preparation , documentaion along with Crisp n clear answers to VO's questions will keep VO comfortable.

First thing is , we have to believe that we will get visa and then we can convince the VO.

Lastly,,I think we should not view the postings on Forums as something that can happen to us. But, Read them just for being aware of the trends and be prepared for the same scenario. in Short. use the forums to learn from others mistake.

Today is jan 31 . The CEAC website is showing the status as issued. No WayBill Number yet on the CSC website.

Thank you.

Archived