ON L1B but H1B got approved -Urgent

sunshineeast

Hi,

I'm now on a valid L1B with Company A.

I have filed a H1B last year through Company B and got a RFE on october.

Then my attorny have responded the RFE on december and now the H1B got approved today. I'm sure my attorney responded RFE with COS as he was asking my L1 I94 details.

Till today my payroll run by Company A (L1). Should I quit the L1B company today or I can wait for some more time until I get the H1 papers in hand ? What is the time limit that I have. I do not have a H1B Job at present but attended few interviews and waiting for results. There is no relation between A and B companies.

Please advice the best that I can do here.

You have an H1B job; you may not have an assignment but you have an employer. You must appear to work for the H1B employer according to the date on your H-1B I-94 or be out of status. He is required to pay you even if he has not placed you with a client.

"Old project which I was offered is no more with me due to delay in h1 approval. Should I stop my L1b employment now ?"

=> Your H1b is approved with COS, means you are no more on L1. You lost everything associated to this L1. Now you are on another work visa called H1b. You HAVE to maintain your H1b status now onwards by associating with your employer and getting paid regularly.

Archived