How to answer the question like how did you come to know about this employer?

sirishach435

How to answer the question like how did you come to know about this employer?

Actually, Got H1B offer from US company (found by Indian) through a friend reference, where he is working in. So, I can not tell applied against postings in some Job Portal. But, friend reference may also make VO to grill.

In this context, any body help me how to trickly answer the above question.

I feel, Here smart way of giving the answer is right.

Your answer immensley helps not only me also helps lot other aspirants.

Thanks In advance

Sirish

I can not tell applied against postings in some Job Portal. But, friend reference may also make VO to grill.

In this context, any body help me how to trickly answer the above question.

I feel, Here smart way of giving the answer is right.

What do you mean by 'smart way' to answer?

Don't make your case complex by hiding the truth. Just tell them how you got the job.

isk007 - This is a LEGAL forum Do NOT advise posters to lie.

OP,

Many people come to learn of jobs via the "grapevine" - friends, family, friends of friends, people you meet at conferences and meetings. It is not unusual and is an answer that is unlikely to be questioned by an immigration officer (who may have found out about his job via the grapevine as well).

you can tell that they responded to your resume on a job portal n when you liked the job, they requested that you transfer your h1b to work with them.

My friend don't make the case complex. Just telling the truth is the only solution.

You will be in more trouble if they ask to show proof of job requirement in the job portal.

Archived