Successful stamping at Ottawa on Jan. 28, 2013

orion

Thought I'll pay my dues to this forum.

I had a successful visa interview at the Ottawa US embassy.

Visa: H1B (second renewal)

date: Jan. 28 2013

Job type: non-EVC

I arrived at the embassy 15min before my interview. They made us (around 8) wait ouside until 5min before the scheduled interview time.

Some folks were concerned about bringing their cellphones, keys, etc. But apparently the embassy provides temporary storage for these items at the security booth. Just can't take them with you inside the consular section.

After security, an official checked my name on her interview schedule list, and directed me to window 7, where I submitted my passport, DS160 conf. page, and i-797. The guy at the window asked two standard questions to everyone: 1. whats your current status in the Canada and 2. Do you currently reside in the US.

I waited for 15min before being called at window 4 for fingerprinting.

After that, waited for another 20 min before was called to window 2 for interview.

VO: What firm are you working for now:

me: xxx

vo: before this your worked for yyy. why did you move?

before I could answer,

vo: is it a better or bigger firm than the previous one?

me: yes.

vo: what to you do at the new firm?

me: answered.

vo: ok, I'm going to approve your visa. Please follow the instructions on this handout and pick up your passport at the location you selected. Have a good day.

It took barely 5 mins.

Curent status: Still in Ottawa waiting for notification that my passport is ready to be picked up.

Good luck to all.

cheers!

Received an email from Loomis today (1/29, Tues.) at 6pm that the passport has been picked up from the consular section but is not ready for pickup. Strange that the CSC website has not been updated with the waybill info. Nonetheless, went to the loomis location, but the office closes at 6pm. So pickup will be tomorrow morning at best.

Received an email from Loomis today (1/29, Tues.) at 6pm that the passport has been picked up from the consular section but is not ready for pickup. Strange that the CSC website has not been updated with the waybill info. Nonetheless, went to the loomis location, but the office closes at 6pm. So pickup will be tomorrow morning at best.

Hi Orion,

Congratulations on your visa!

Will you please provide me the email address you have received from loomis?

I have attended the interview on 25th but still status saying "Administrative processing". per VO it should get updated the same day and will receive an email regarding my passport pickup by Tuesday. I'm kinda worried.

I just don't want that email to go in to the spam folder.

P.S: Log in to the https://usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/ss_country_welcome

If the visa is issued you will see the waybill number.

Archived