H4 to H1 COS approval, but no projects

swap402

My wife came to usa on valid h4 visa stamp valid till 4 July 2013. Afterwards, she applied for H4 to H1 COS in June 2012, which got approved on Jan 17,2013. Now, it seems like they do not have project for her, So company is asking her to wait for 3-4 months till they get new project. In a meantime, they have asked her to send out mail to company saying that "she won't be able to join due to personal medical reason" and the company said that she is in in VALID H-4 status (meaning it has not expired) then, and in that case, YOU DON'T NEED TO DO ANYTHING, for an H-1B is the employer's petition, belongs to the employer and until and unless you actually work for that employer, you will not be considered to be in H-1B status.I am not sure about this that's why I would like to know.

a. would it be ok for my wife to stayed in usa with the above mentioned scenario for next 3-4 months. And if she doesn't get project, then she can leave the country and come back on her current h4 visa stamp before 4 July 2013 and then I can asked my company lawyer to apply for her h4 extension ?

b. if Staying in usa for 3-4 months is not correct way to go, then what would be better option ? ( to leave country immediately and make entry with her current h4 stamp and ask my lawyer to apply for her h4 extension ?

c. if we follow case a or b, then in future if she gets a project with same employer, can she just file h4 to h1 COS without h1b quota restriction or she has to file new h1b with quota restriction ?

d. if we consider case a, will it create a problem for her green card when i file her I-485 change of status along with mine ?

Archived