Amendment and Canada visa

ashwin0808

Hi, My question is I need to apply for my H1 amendment but, I have my Canada visa. Is there any rule as such that we need to apply for Canada visa once the amendment is done or the Canada visa which I hold us is good????

Thanks,

Ash

Little bit confused here.

What's the relationship between your amendment and Canadian visa??

One of my friend's Employer told him that we should apply Canada visa once you get your h1 amended and with the new i797 form. But, what I felt was no one would ask u to show i797 once u land in Canada all they need is a Canada visa right and neither would the consulate ppl ask abt tht... There is no Connection b/w them. I don't know why his employer told him that way..

One of my friend's Employer told him that we should apply Canada visa once you get your h1 amended and with the new i797 form. But, what I felt was no one would ask u to show i797 once u land in Canada all they need is a Canada visa right and neither would the consulate ppl ask abt tht... There is no Connection b/w them.

That's correct. When you apply for Canadian visa, if you are on H1 then you need 797 and once you land in Canada that 797 doesn't make any sense for Canadian immigration.

Archived