Help with "Administrative Processing" (Ottawa, Jan 25th Interview)

pashi_26

Hi all,

I have attended visa interview at Ottawa consulate on Jan 25th. Interview went good and its straight forward.

VO asked

1. You work for __ company?

2. What do they do?

3. What do you do for them?

4. What software you use?

5. any clients? show me the letters from employer, client and vendors if any? (mine is EVVC)

6. So for report development what database you use?

That's it..didn't take 4 min...he checked all my letters thoroughly...

Finally said...even we have our own database (he smiled) and we don't have an update of my application. It should get updated end of the day and assuming your visa is approved you can pickup your passport from the loomis branch you selected.

I told him if you think this process will take time, I want my passport back because I have to go to my country end of next week. He strongly said it should get updated by end of the day.

I'm sure it is an issue with PIMS. I saw 'NO PIMS' stamp on my DS160 while giving the interview.

He didn't give me any 221(g) form. He just gave me "Was your visa approved" paper (instructions on how to get your passport delivered). Of course he didn't say that my visa is approved too.

When I checked my status online it is under "Administrative processing".

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

I saw different cases in this forum regarding this case. some people get their visa in less than 4 days and some waited for weeks.

Is anyone had same situation (no 221(g), but admin processing) and how long did they take to process it?

Anybody went to Ottawa on same day?

Can I contact embassy for return my passport back? (emergency case)

Please reply with your suggestions.

Archived