H1B VISA APPROVED @TORONTO JAN 28

Don00000007

Hi y'all

First of all I would like to thank murthy forum and all the people who posted useful posts about visa interviews and documents and experiences etc. It really did help me out a lot.

While prepin for da interview I was worried that i would miss any documents but this checklist (http://forum.murthy....ons-all-in-one/) helped me alot. I arranged all the documents in the order mentioned in the above post. I put each document in a different tab so it was easy for me to give the appropriate document when vo asked for it. I know yall do the same but I saw a few people who didnt have the documents organized and it was takin for ever for em to find a document. Please dont do that keep ur stuff organized i cant say it will leave a good impression on vo but it certainly wont leave a bad one.

Here goes my interview saga......

My interview was on Jan 28th so I booked a hotel 3 days before the interview near by consulate for around 75$ from hotwire. As I lived closer to the border, toronto wasnt far away from my place in US so I thought to drive to toronto but with all the 221G's thing goin on in ottawa and few cases in toronto I didnt wanna risk it by taking a rental and end up paying like 1000$ for 4 weeks if i get a 221G(Even though there wasn't a chance to get one coz I had all the docs but u never know just dinn wanna take a chance). So I took greyhound to toronto it wasnt bad at all and fare was cheap too and as soon as i reached i went to my hotel checked in and relaxed for a while and checked all my docs and went to sleep.

Next day morning I went to consulate around 7:30 ish, my interview was at 8 and it was snowing :( .. had to stand in the snow for around 25 mins before they called us in and I was the 3rd person in the line.

1) A guy came to us while we were standing outside and checked our passport and appointment letter and a lady called us in and she checked our passport and visa appointment confirmation again.

2) We went through security check

3) There was a lady who was checking our DS 160 confirmation and was puttin a sticker on our passport. (BTW if you didnt upload photo while fillin out DS 160 you have to give her a passport photo of urs)

4) A guy kept our DS 160 and passport in a blue folder.

5) I went inside and you have to stand in line until they call u. Upon callin I went to Window 1 and she asked me for my I 797 and she wrote PIMS OL on my DS 160 and gave me a token and asked me to wait until my token number is called.

6) Windows 9 and 10 were being used for finger printin and I went to Window 10 for finger printing and I tried givin my token to her but she said "keep it with u, u vl need dat". I did my finger printing and went to back to my seat and My token number came up on Window 8 and here is how it went

My Interview was just plain n same as most of us posting here @murthy, no surprises or nothing.

ME: Good Morning Officer. How are you

VO: Good Morning. Im good. How are you?

ME: I am cold ;)

VO: Are you Mr XXX?

ME: Yes I am .

VO: Whom do u work for Mr. XXX?

ME: XXX Employer. He is my Petitioner.

VO: What do you do?

ME: my job title

VO: Whoz ur end Client?

ME: XXX Client. Do you want to see my client Letter?

VO: Sure.

VO: Whats your annual salary?

ME XXXXX$ per annum

VO: Can I see your LCA?

ME: Sure. (Gave him my LCA)

VO: Can I see your Tax Returns for last year?

ME: Sure. I also gave him my W2 along with my last year tax return.

VO: Whats your highest Degree:

ME: Masters in CS

VO: Which university did you graduate from

ME: XXX Univeristy

at this point he pulled a paper from the folders beside him and I was sure it was the loomis instructions one.

then he typed soemthing for a while

and in the mean time i was just standing so started a conversation about weather in toronto and toronto in general for about a min and then

the golden words came out of mouth "VISA APPROVED PLEASE COLLECT YOUR PASSPORT IN 3 - 5 DAYS"

I was super happy.

Dont worry guys Toronto aint that bad. If you dont get an appointment in Vancouver try Toronto instead of OTTAWA.

Everyone was so friendly.

Just keep all your documents you never know what they will ask for and be confident and be truthful and always keep a smile on ur face it helps, trust me :)

To all the folks who have interviews, GOOD LUCK

ASTALA VISTA BABY

hi

my experience was similar, except, when I put my id in the CEAC website, I get : "Administrative processing"!!!!

even though the visa officer was clear on my visa being approved instantly and asking me to be ready to pick my passport end of this or early next week.... anyone else have similar experience in the past?

yes even it showed as administrative processing for me yesterday but it changed to Issued today. I think everyone's status right after the interview wll say administrative processing and it will be changed to issued in 24 - 48 hours dont freak out guys.. I freaked out a little and searched through the forums and there were lot of cases like these .. hopefully by now all of ur statuses have chnged to issued

hi

my experience was similar, except, when I put my id in the CEAC website, I get : "Administrative processing"!!!!

even though the visa officer was clear on my visa being approved instantly and asking me to be ready to pick my passport end of this or early next week.... anyone else have similar experience in the past?

Thanks for the update! I went for the intw on the same day.

What is your status on the CEAC website and the US-info website? I dont have an update on the US info website but Administrative Processing on the CEAC website. Do you have the same?

Hi guys congrats for your status change and can I know approximately what your interview was ? Mine was at around 2 pm but still shows Admin processing on status Update date.., I know it just two full days from Monday noon to Wed evening.., just checking..

Thanks...

Case Creation Date: 28-Jan-2013 Status Updated Date: 28-Jan-2013

Archived