status Problem need status immediately


Recommended Posts


I came to US on F1 in jan 2010. My visa stamp expired in dec 2013. My OPT activated in Feb 2012 and ends in feb 2013. My I-20 got terminated since I took some classes for in MY OPT period. I am trying to enroll in the college right now with new I-20.

I want to know if I can go to Canada or Mexico and get a visa stamp and get new sevis record?

If not what i have to now, is there anything I can do?

Link to comment

You are not required to go out of the country for a transfer of SEVIS record. You need to get a new I-20 reinstated- meaning you will be issued a new I-20 and once it is issued, sevis record will be updated. If you plan on attending a different school, make sure your Sevis record is transfereed. Your previous visa stamping should be OK till it expired and you continue the same status (F1)

Talk to the DSO office, they should be able to help you.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.