Request for Evidence regardign Employment History, on OPT extension application

Nagesh D

Hi,

I got an RFE for my OPT extension and the letter reads

For USCIS to approve your ©(03)© OPT STEM Extension application , you must submit evidence of your employment history proving you have not accrued more than 90 days of unemployment. Such evidence should include:

1. Copies of Job Offers and agreements/contracts with all OPT employers with start date and end date. 2. Statement from employers attesting your employment with the firm(s); Job description including job titles, duties, location, pay rate and number of hours to be worked per week

3. If you worked for a agency or consultancy you must provide evidence of projects you worked on

I have worked on Client projects but have been employed Full time/Permanent/Salaried with a very reputed Consulting firm (NASDAQ Listed).

What will suffice as evidence of project? Would a statement on company letter head be sufficient?

Is a Consulting firm and consultancy the same thing (Do I need to provide this section)?

I had three employers on my first OPT. One was my professor for whom I worked as a Assistant for 1 month, 5 months for a company and currently I am working for a different company. With my application, I sent an offer letter from my current employer. I have an offer letter and experience letter from my previous company, but I don't have a letter from my prof. Do​ I need that letter? I worked for only 1 month under him. If the USCIS wants proof of me not being unemployed for more than 90 days then I don't need the letter from my prof. I am not sure whether I will get a letter from my prof.

Can someone please provide more information or a solution to this problem?

Thank you,

Nagesh

• 8 months later...

Archived