H-1B Transfer: Standard Processing

worried

I am joining a software giant shortly, and although they had promised Premium Processing, it appears that their legal firm went ahead and submitted the application with Standard Processing on Jan 23, which would mean:

• Longer time for decision: I don't mind this, as I am joining them based on H-1B portability. (Joining when USCIS confirms receiving the application, as opposed to waiting for approval. According to myvisajobs, their denial rate is very very low, and In the worst case scenario, I won't mind joining these guys in their India office.
  • No electronic notification for receipt: This is the part that I am angry about. If they had submitted it through PP, I would have got the electronic receipt through email by today, and I could have given notice to my current employer today.. Now, I have to wait till they get the hard copy in receipt.

Does anyone here have an idea on how long they are currently taking for getting back with hard copy receipts? Also, when can I expect the decision on this?

I know that in summer, their workload is high due to new H-1B applications, but I hope that these days it should be slightly faster.

• 2 weeks later...

worried.

I see that your employer had applied in regular processing for your visa on Jan 23. Can you please tell m how many exact business days it took for you to get your H1 B receipt number.

My documents reached USCIS on Feb 7th in regular processing and I want to plan my move as soon as I get my receipt number. It would be helpful if you could respond how many days it took for yours so that I understand what is the processing time frame now.

Spartan2013

surven:My documents reached on Feb 7th and I have not been notified regarding my receipt number. When did your documents reach, I wanted to get an idea how many days it has been for you.

Worried: It would be great if you could let us know how many days it took to get reciept number through standard processing, it willd help me and surven.

• 5 months later...

Archived