Can I apply for H4 right now if my studies going to complete in April,2013?

sweetu

Hi,

I need to apply for H4 as my husband is in US on H1B visa.

But at the time of his stamping in december, VO asked about my H4. He replied she is doing masters & she will apply for H4 after her studies completion.

My masters is going to complete in April. We were thinking to get visa side by side & after giving exams I leave for US.

But while filling DS-160, there is field of Post Graduation start & end date.

There is also a validation on End Date that I can choose it upto yesterday. So, now I cannot chose date of April.

As there was a question at the time of my husband's stamping regarding my H4, we are thinking that we cannot hide my MS degree details.

What should we do? selecting older date & telling that my last semester project is on going should be okay? Or should I wait upto April & then submit DS-160 with all the correct info?

Please provide suggestion.

Thanks,

Sweetu

1. Your educational qualification has very little to do with your H4 visa application.

2. You will enter your highest qualification at the time of the Visa application (which is Bachelors), not degrees that you will complete in future. So you do not need to enter your Masters info.

3. You can and should mention in the interview that you are pursuing masters and expect a degree soon in Apr 2013.

If you are still confused, wait till you finish your exams and then apply for visa. Visa appointments are not so hard to get these days in India, you might have to wait a couple more weeks. HTH.

1. Your educational qualification has very little to do with your H4 visa application.

2. You will enter your highest qualification at the time of the Visa application (which is Bachelors), not degrees that you will complete in future. So you do not need to enter your Masters info.

3. You can and should mention in the interview that you are pursuing masters and expect a degree soon in Apr 2013.

If you are still confused, wait till you finish your exams and then apply for visa. Visa appointments are not so hard to get these days in India, you might have to wait a couple more weeks. HTH.

Thanks very much for your guidance...

Archived