H4 Extension Approved and COS from H4-F1 Issues.

tiru0453

Firstly, I would like to Thank MurhtyForum and users of the site for answering my previous questions.

I am on H1-B visa, My H1-B got approved in November for the second term. My Wife's H-4 was also approved at the same time.

Here begins the real Story:

We moved to a new address during the H1,h4 pending Approval period. I tried to change the address online with USCIS website but could not change because of some issues on site.

I notified my employer, they did the address change on file and the Lawyer once they got our approval notices, she gave a copy to me.

Suddenly, One day I got an email from USCIS saying that my wife's I-539 was mail back to USCIS due to person unavailability at the Address(I added an email notifications to check the status of my cases).

Not sure why i got that but, I called USCIS and updated her address to the current address.

My Question is: Does this should have been be taken care off by my Lawyer?? I am full time employee and Both Cases were filed by my employer.

Do I need to request for Duplicate Copy of the I-539 Approval Notice??

One more Question here: As My wife is studying on H4, She applied for COS to F1 once the H4 Extension was approved.

Will this affect her approval of COS from H4-F1??

Please Help me to get answers to all my questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in Advance!!!

Mady.

Archived