OPT time not approved fully

shp003

Hello Friends

My wife studied MBA from **** and graduated last year and applied for OPT. She got her OPT approval after 5 months of applying.

But it was for 8.5 months and not for 1 year as per the official USCIS duration for MBA students. Her OPT expires in mid Feb and she cannot apply for H1B in the new H1B cap because of this.

She has 2 options, either to go back to PhD ( higher degree than MBA ) and get OPT once she graduates or to go back to H4 visa.

Is there any possibility of requesting the USCIS to extend her OPT for the remaining 3.5 months so that she can apply for H1 on April 1st?

Any responses will be appreciated.

Thanks

Does she want to study or just use this as an excuse to remain in the US? Her degree is probably useless except to a questionable employer. Why on earth would she waste time and money with this institution? Was she unqualified to get ijnto a "real" university?

She has 2 options, either to go back to PhD ( higher degree than MBA ) and get OPT once she graduates or to go back to H4 visa.

First off, she doesn't have an MBA. She has a worthless piece of paper.

**** is not accredited, so the "degree" is just toilet paper.

So, given that she doesn't have any Masters degree, she would have to get a real Masters degree before she could even think about a "higher degree than MBA".

All she did so far was paying thousands of dollars for a piece of toilet paper.

Technically she should have gotten 1 complete year or nothing. But considering DHS's investigation of shady practices of ****, I don't think they would approve the remainder time. But you can consult an experienced immigration attorney. I hope she is maintaining status by working in her field of study and not being unemployed for more than 90 days.

Archived