Re-enter US with few days left on stamped visa+ approved petition

to_vaib

I'm planning a short trip to India in March and will be returning back to US on March 24th. I have a valid stamp in my passport which is getting expired on April 4th and I do have an approved H1B I-797 with validity until 2016. Could you please let me know if I can travel and would be okay to re-enter with only few days left on my stamped visa?

~V

I'm planning a short trip to India in March and will be returning back to US on March 24th. I have a valid stamp in my passport which is getting expired on April 4th and I do have an approved H1B I-797 with validity until 2016. Could you please let me know if I can travel and would be okay to re-enter with only few days left on my stamped visa?

~V

You are good to go. Just make sure that your new I94 expires in 2016.

It will be risky. at the port of entry the officer will ask why you haven't got it stamped when your visa is expiring ? They will give your I94 only till April 4th. Some airlines like British airways will also say that your visa is expiring. If your visa is valid atleast for 3-4 months, but 6 months perferabley then you are in good state. I was in similar situation and my visa was expiring in next 3 months. So the officer asked why you dint get it stamped in your home country? and he also asked me once you enter US, how will you get the stamping done. I said i got engaged so had to leave US early, but I had my Canada visa to visit vancouver, canada which is just 3 hrs drive from seattle, WA. So the officer let me in but he stamped only till my visa expiry date. So my suggestion is get is stamped in india and dont take risks..

Hi,

I'm going to India only for a week as its a business trip so I dont think I can get it stamped there in that timeframe. Also, I entered US 2 weeks ago with just 2.5 months left on the stamped visa..but I still got the I-94 until 2016 without any issues. Do you think it can be an issue this time?

• 1 month later...

Archived