Successful stamping @ Toronto Jan 22

marun32

Hello All,

Just like anyone else I would like to return the favor of all the users who helped and guided me directly/indirectly from their experiences and post.

I'm working in US and moving from F-1 to H-1. I got my H-1b started from Oct 1st 2012 and approved for 3 yrs.

APPLICATION TO CANADA VISA.

Initially started of applying with Canada visa @ Dec 2nd week. When I was applying there was only paper application( From 3rd week they actually started the online appln as well).

Filled the forms

1. Application for temporary resident visa. - IMM5257E

2. Family application form IMM5645E

3. Given last 3 months pay stubs.

4. Given last 2 months bank statements.

5. Given employment letter stating I will going to canada for my h1b visa.

6. Took money draft

7. Passport copies.

I might miss some but you can always good to go in the online which has pretty good way of explaining what and how to do.

Applied to LA Canada consulate. I got the passport back with Canada visa stamped in less than a week

Applying to Visa Appointment

1. Created account in the csc website for the US consulate in Canada.

2. Booked appointment for Jan 22nd 2012. I just picked toronto becoz it closer to me. I'm not sure how other locations are faring good. I know that Vancouver is a good place to for visas. But you know you can find an appointment for atleast 3 months in advance unless someone drops his/her appointment.

3. Paid fees and confirmed.

Preparation for H1b Visa

1. Filled DS 160 forms. They are lots of posts in this forum to help/guide to fill the DS160. Basically truth should be good enough. If u did work for a company name it. If a payroll has been run against ur name put it in the ds160, try to recheck the info u entered as many times as possible. Do no mistake, it just only delays things.

2. I797 (Original&copies),LCA, I129 , If you had applied thru premium service have that form as well.

3. Paystubs for atleast 1 yr( that was I took)

4. W2's, Tax returns for all the yrs.( Make sure u've all, if u have missing w2's or tax returns u can get the transcripts for local IRS office or thru applying online.- I had missing W2 for 2009 and I got it and shown the same.

5. Bank statements for atleast 1yr.

6. Resume, During applying LCA employer gives details to attorney about jobs and responsibilities of ur title get that copy as well.

7. Client Letters, Vendor Letters, Employment offer letter & Current employment letter.

8. Client ID badge copy, Any project documentation to support.

9. Transcript of ur higher education and related certificates.

10. Employer Handbook

11. All I20's, OPT EAD cards

D-Day.. I've my appointment on Jan 22nd @ 9:30 am

Came to consulate at 9:00am.

I took hotel near to consulate like 3 blocks away at Holiday Inn. Esp., at this time of yr because of cold weather and unexpected storms I didn't want to take risk to drive from suburb & loose time. Actually that helped me got stuck in bad weather couldn't even walk too.

Reached at 9:10 am , they made us stand in cold weather outside, for like 15 mins. Then entered verified DS160 confirmation #, checked passport and gave a folder to wait in line for a token.

I almost waited for like 1hr 20 mins to get my turn.

VO: Hi , Good Morning, How are you..?

Me: I'm good, how about u..? Seems to be pretty bad weather. ( I actually didn't want to prolong the conversation but just want to see whether he responds or not and Indeed he did).

VO: Yes, It's pretty bad out there.( This conversation helps because u can decide we talk point to point or you can elaborate anything , some VO's really dont like to talk much).

VO: So you are applying for h1b visa.?

Me: Yes.

VO: Who do you work for?

Me: XXX company , he's my petitioner actually (Remember they are asking for employer , we just need to listen carefully)

VO: What does your company do?

Me: We are IT services company.

VO: Who's your client?

Me: YYY Client ( My client is a state client and more once I told he understood the client).

VO: So what do you work for your client

Me: I work so, so, we do this and that.

VO: My Highest Degree in education?

Me: Masters in Computer Science from RRR univ

VO: So what u specialized in it.?

Me: zzz, tttt and so on.

VO: Give me your LCA? (This was the first document he requested)?

Me: Gave LCA.

VO: Give me your W2's and Tax returns for as many yrs u have ?

Me: Gave it for 2009, 2010, 2011(W2's and tax returns) and 2012 W2.

At this point he checked whether I've w2's and tax returns or not and compared 2012 W2 salary with LCA to check whether I'm getting paid above or not.

He was more worried about I've the docs or not rather than what's in the document actually. He didn't even go thru documents he took it and returned back in less than a minute.

VO: Your visa is approved and you should be able to receive it in 3-5 Business days from the loomis location you selected.

Me: Thank you and have a nice day.

The whole interview didn't more than 5 mins.

As far I could see 3 more desi's went in for h1b interview before me on to the same counter and even they got. For all it's the same case just went in and went out like 3-4 mins. It's just that we're lucky the VO who issued us. But docs do take criteria, try to gather as many docs u can so that I you couldn't be questioned on the missing ones and the rest is luck.

Currently waiting for my waybill # to be updated

Hope this helps to the current Users/Future users. ALL THE BEST PEOPLE.

Hello All,

Just like anyone else I would like to return the favor of all the users who helped and guided me directly/indirectly from their experiences and post.

I'm working in US and moving from F-1 to H-1. I got my H-1b started from Oct 1st 2012 and approved for 3 yrs.

APPLICATION TO CANADA VISA.

Initially started of applying with Canada visa @ Dec 2nd week. When I was applying there was only paper application( From 3rd week they actually started the online appln as well).

Filled the forms

1. Application for temporary resident visa. - IMM5257E

2. Family application form IMM5645E

3. Given last 3 months pay stubs.

4. Given last 2 months bank statements.

5. Given employment letter stating I will going to canada for my h1b visa.

6. Took money draft

7. Passport copies.

I might miss some but you can always good to go in the online which has pretty good way of explaining what and how to do.

Applied to LA Canada consulate. I got the passport back with Canada visa stamped in less than a week

Applying to Visa Appointment

1. Created account in the csc website for the US consulate in Canada.

2. Booked appointment for Jan 22nd 2012. I just picked toronto becoz it closer to me. I'm not sure how other locations are faring good. I know that Vancouver is a good place to for visas. But you know you can find an appointment for atleast 3 months in advance unless someone drops his/her appointment.

3. Paid fees and confirmed.

Preparation for H1b Visa

1. Filled DS 160 forms. They are lots of posts in this forum to help/guide to fill the DS160. Basically truth should be good enough. If u did work for a company name it. If a payroll has been run against ur name put it in the ds160, try to recheck the info u entered as many times as possible. Do no mistake, it just only delays things.

2. I797 (Original&copies),LCA, I129 , If you had applied thru premium service have that form as well.

3. Paystubs for atleast 1 yr( that was I took)

4. W2's, Tax returns for all the yrs.( Make sure u've all, if u have missing w2's or tax returns u can get the transcripts for local IRS office or thru applying online.- I had missing W2 for 2009 and I got it and shown the same.

5. Bank statements for atleast 1yr.

6. Resume, During applying LCA employer gives details to attorney about jobs and responsibilities of ur title get that copy as well.

7. Client Letters, Vendor Letters, Employment offer letter & Current employment letter.

8. Client ID badge copy, Any project documentation to support.

9. Transcript of ur higher education and related certificates.

10. Employer Handbook

11. All I20's, OPT EAD cards

D-Day.. I've my appointment on Jan 22nd @ 9:30 am

Came to consulate at 9:00am.

I took hotel near to consulate like 3 blocks away at Holiday Inn. Esp., at this time of yr because of cold weather and unexpected storms I didn't want to take risk to drive from suburb & loose time. Actually that helped me got stuck in bad weather couldn't even walk too.

Reached at 9:10 am , they made us stand in cold weather outside, for like 15 mins. Then entered verified DS160 confirmation #, checked passport and gave a folder to wait in line for a token.

I almost waited for like 1hr 20 mins to get my turn.

VO: Hi , Good Morning, How are you..?

Me: I'm good, how about u..? Seems to be pretty bad weather. ( I actually didn't want to prolong the conversation but just want to see whether he responds or not and Indeed he did).

VO: Yes, It's pretty bad out there.( This conversation helps because u can decide we talk point to point or you can elaborate anything , some VO's really dont like to talk much).

VO: So you are applying for h1b visa.?

Me: Yes.

VO: Who do you work for?

Me: XXX company , he's my petitioner actually (Remember they are asking for employer , we just need to listen carefully)

VO: What does your company do?

Me: We are IT services company.

VO: Who's your client?

Me: YYY Client ( My client is a state client and more once I told he understood the client).

VO: So what do you work for your client

Me: I work so, so, we do this and that.

VO: My Highest Degree in education?

Me: Masters in Computer Science from RRR univ

VO: So what u specialized in it.?

Me: zzz, tttt and so on.

VO: Give me your LCA? (This was the first document he requested)?

Me: Gave LCA.

VO: Give me your W2's and Tax returns for as many yrs u have ?

Me: Gave it for 2009, 2010, 2011(W2's and tax returns) and 2012 W2.

At this point he checked whether I've w2's and tax returns or not and compared 2012 W2 salary with LCA to check whether I'm getting paid above or not.

He was more worried about I've the docs or not rather than what's in the document actually. He didn't even go thru documents he took it and returned back in less than a minute.

VO: Your visa is approved and you should be able to receive it in 3-5 Business days from the loomis location you selected.

Me: Thank you and have a nice day.

The whole interview didn't more than 5 mins.

As far I could see 3 more desi's went in for h1b interview before me on to the same counter and even they got. For all it's the same case just went in and went out like 3-4 mins. It's just that we're lucky the VO who issued us. But docs do take criteria, try to gather as many docs u can so that I you couldn't be questioned on the missing ones and the rest is luck.

Currently waiting for my waybill # to be updated

Hope this helps to the current Users/Future users. ALL THE BEST PEOPLE.

Congrat's, very detailed , I have it on Jan 28th . Hope you would get the passport quickly

@marun32 : Did you book the date before applying the Canada Visa or after? At this point I am not sure of location so did not book my date , but wanted to get the TRV for Canada first? Please help. Thank you!

Also please can you give me the consulate address.

Thank you again. Your reply is highly appreciated.

@jyo: Sorry for delay reply. I first applied for visitor visa in Canada. Since I wasn't sure how long it will take to get canada visa, I applied first and once I received the passport I booked the appointment date. You can put ur best guess for the location in the canada visa application form to where u will be going. You can find the embassy locations in the US embassy websites.

Archived