H1 transfer process time - need help

amitgirdhar10

Dear Sir / Gurus,

With my current employer (top 5th or 6th Indian IT company), my project is ending on 2nd feb 2013 and I am required to go back to India. I've got an another offer from a large IT company (amongst worlds top 100). They have their own processes compliance with US Govt processes and would take me onboard only when the H1 transfer is approved (around feb end or march 1st week)and not just based on receipt. I have these questions, could you please help -

1 If i resign and get relieved from my org by 2nd feb, Is it okay if I live here in US till joining.

2 If the new employer is applying for H1 transfer, does it matter if the old H1 is still valid / revoked or whatever status

3 Do typically indian IT companies revoke the H1 after employee leaves? if yes, how long does it take for them to do it?

4 Assuming my new employer will submit my H1 docs in the week of 2/11 after getting LCA done by that time, do u see any risks for me if I am relieved from my current employer by 2nd feb?

Guys, I am very worried, I will appreciate if you could answer whatever u could..

Thanks a lot,

1 If i resign and get relieved from my org by 2nd feb, Is it okay if I live here in US till joining.

2 If the new employer is applying for H1 transfer, does it matter if the old H1 is still valid / revoked or whatever status

3 Do typically indian IT companies revoke the H1 after employee leaves? if yes, how long does it take for them to do it?

4 Assuming my new employer will submit my H1 docs in the week of 2/11 after getting LCA done by that time, do u see any risks for me if I am relieved from my current employer by 2nd feb?

1.I guess you can, provided you have a valid I94.

2.H1 transfer is nothing but new H1 petition, it is no way related to your old H1

3.Immediately. So its better you get your new H1 approved before you resign your current job

4.No risk, if your new employer is following the immigration rules.

Archived