h1 visa denial dui help pls

raj_1980_ch

Hello,

i went to chennai consulate for my visa stamping on jan 4. I had a DUi arrest in august 2012 in usa. In the interview the VO gave me a 221g and asked me to get checkup done at a panel physician in chennai. I got my checkups done by mid next week and the doctor told me that my physicals looked ok and the psychiatrist down played the whole process and said he is fine with my mental health. Last week i received an email from the consulate that my visa has been rejected on health related ground and some A I 3 was written on the paper. I was surprised when i contacted the physician he said that the embassy doesnt grant visa for dui for a 12 month period from the date of dui arrest and i should apply after then. can any one advise me here pls. My whole career, house, vehicle etc are all back in states and am on leave from job...

thanks

• 1 month later...

Sur,

I got DUI Recently but charges reduced to dry reckless because of low BAC, I am also planning for H1b visa Stamping ,I am Worried a lot . Could you please post your visa interview experience.

Thanks

Do not travel until its Emergency and u r done with the case .

Doctors from medical panel indicate there is a clause of Inadmissabilty for Visa with in 12 months of DUI.

Better not travel ...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived