H4 to L1 - 15-day Premium Processing clock stopped on your I129

F1OPT2H1B

Hi All,

I applied for L1 and I am currently in H4 dependent visa. I applied through premium processing and my employer received RFE in the 2nd week. The RFE response was submitted to USCIS. Immediately the case status changed to Initial review and stayed the same for 14 days. Then the status description changed to

On January 18, 2013, the 15-day Premium Processing clock stopped on your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. A notice was sent on this date explaining the specific reason for stopping the premium processing of your case. This notice will contain detailed information on further action required by you. Your premium processing receipt notice contains contact information for direct inquiries on your case.

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators.

It has been 4 days since then and nothing has changed. I researched through the forums and found that this is normal these days but everyone seemed to have their status changed to decision within a few hours of getting this. But in my case it has been the same since 4 days making me worried.

If anyone has any similar experience please do share and throw some light on this.

Really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Thank you for the response. You mean to say USCIS would need more time to further process the case or a decision has been already made? I contacted my employer and looks like NO communication has been received from USCIS through email or fax or mail and it has been 4 days making things tough and confusing :-(

• 3 months later...

Archived