F-1 Re-application while working on CPT.

edwardchen

Dear all,

Can anyone help me on below situation?

I'm currently F-1 visa status, and working as an intern in a company on CPT status.

Since I joined the company, my school issued me the second I-20 with the employment information on page-3 of it. But my visa status is still F-1 obviously.

Now, I'm leaving U.S. for a vacation back to my country, and my F-1 visa has already expired months back. In order for the visa re-application, my school is issuing me another travel I-20.

The question one is : when I fill out the DS-160 application form, should I indicate Social Security Number in that online system? (As I know, it's always better to show only student related information while applying student visa.)

The question two is : When I submit all the support documentations to U.S. embassy in my country, should I submit all I-20 forms, including the one with employment information??? (The same concern as above, is it going to make my case complicated if I show the employment record in U.S.)

Thanks and I really appreciate your time and help!

Wish you everything good!

The question one is : when I fill out the DS-160 application form, should I indicate Social Security Number in that online system? (As I know, it's always better to show only student related information while applying student visa.)

The question two is : When I submit all the support documentations to U.S. embassy in my country, should I submit all I-20 forms, including the one with employment information??? (The same concern as above, is it going to make my case complicated if I show the employment record in U.S.)

Why are you scared to enter your social security number in DS form??

Why do you want to hide your CPT employment details??

Be honest and fill the forms correctly. Even if you hide them they can find it in few mouse clicks.

Why are you scared to enter your social security number in DS form??

Why do you want to hide your CPT employment details??

My school faculty spoke to me with the idea that not making my case complicated, they suggest me showing U.S. embassy I'm just a student. So that's what I perceived from the faculty.

My school faculty spoke to me with the idea that not making my case complicated, they suggest me showing U.S. embassy I'm just a student. So that's what I perceived from the faculty.

So your school faculty told you to hide your CPT employment??

Looks like something is wrong with your school, I hope this is not one of the diploma mills.

If you worked under CPT employment authorization in any capacity (trainee, intern, etc.) and you fail to disclose this information (whether by mistake or on purpose) it is fraud. Such fraud will stay on your records with the USCIS and cause even more problems both now and in the future, up to and including revoking of your visa and possibly an entry ban. Further, your "school faculty" is advising you to commit immigration fraud! Any reputable university would NEVER advise an international student in that way.

Archived