H1B Amendement question for Visa Stamping in Vancover

mailmeatsk

Hi All,

I am planning to go to Vancover for my first H1B Visa Stamping. Intially I thought of going on inhouse project since I joined a new client and was not sure whether the client provides lettter or not,and had my LCA and H1B amendment completed accordingly for inhouse project, now came to know that client can provide letter. I got my H1 Amendment done last week. Now I am in a dilemma whether to go with inhouse project or with client letter.

My employer location and client location are just 2 miles away and about 5 mins drive. In this case do I need to get a new LCA and H1 Amendment on client address or can I go with my inhouse project LCA and H1 Amendment. Please advise.

Ok.. here is my take:

• If you plan to use Client letter and location, you will need to update LCA/ and get an amendment. They ahve become very strict on these things (sometimes without reason), but you are adding a risk element if you do not have those.
  • As far as going with an in-house project, unless your company is a "pure consulting" company (not staffing like many desi firms), and you can justify it accordingly, in-house project is kind of risky. With almost everyone working at a client, and having client letters, in-house project might seem weak. This is NOT to say that it won't work, but you will probably need a lot more and TIGHT documentation to prove that your company is a REAL consulting company.

Archived