Answer to Visa Officer in H1B visa interview, with different salaries in LCA and Offer Letter (or I-129)

sirishach435

I am working as IT Engineer in Government Organization, in India.

One US Employer, Consulting Inc (frim), filed petition with USCIS hiring me to work on his Product enhancement project. Last month the petition got approved and employer sent me documents (approved) to schedule interview for visa stamping. But when I verified the documents while fiilinf up of DS-160 for interview schedule, I found a small descrepancy in regarding salary to be paid to me in the LCA. Salary mentioned as $54,600 in LCA and the same mentioned as $70000 in the Offer letter and petition. I asked employer what to tell to VO in the interview. He told me that answer salary according to the document in VO hand. If it is as per Offer letter $70000 (inclusive of benefits) and if it is as per LCA $54,600 (plus benefits totals to 70000)

When I go through the LCA field by field, I found 2 fields related to wages. one is prevailing wage and another is Pay Rate. What I understood from this is one field is related particular location minimum wage and another is Actual Wage. Whether the Pay Rate field in LCA can be filled up, with base salary, with out benefits.

In this scenario I would like to ask followers of this forum to help me through the Visa Interview.

Any help in this regard would be grately appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Sirish

Mumbai India

Archived