Candian VISITOR VISA questions

yubeie

Hello all,

I understand that Canadian Consulate in NY is not entertaining in-person applications (you can only drop-off the applications) anymore. Passports will only be mailed back to the applicant. Can someone please help answer the following questions. Unfortunately, I've been unbable to find a defnite answer.

1. Do we have to submit the "original" I-797 and I-94? Would they accept photo copies?

2. The photo specifications state the size should "atleast be" 35mmx45mm. Does this mean a 2x2 photo is fine? The face dimension requirements are the same as US passport/VISA specs.

3. Where do we paste the photographs? I do not see a place on the forms.

4. When creating the self-addressed envelope, where do we affix the postage stamp (In general, we paste it on the right hand top corner on the front side).

For express email flat rate envelope, the mailing label (where we fill out the FROM and TO addresses) is on the back side. So I am not sure if we affix the stamp on the front side (or) the back side. Can someone please confirm?

5. Also, can we go ahead and stick the mailing label on the backside (or) let the consulate do it?

I apologize for asking these very basic questions, but I am just trying to be absolutely sure.

Thanks in advance.

My suggestions, not legal advises..please at your own discretion

1. Do we have to submit the "original" I-797 and I-94? Would they accept photo copies?

I think either you have to submit original or notarized copy. I have been there in person last month,submitted original and got back. I dont think they will lose original, if you are concerned, send notarized copy.

2. The photo specifications state the size should "atleast be" 35mmx45mm. Does this mean a 2x2 photo is fine? The face dimension requirements are the same as US passport/VISA specs.

You can use 2 by 2 that qualifies their minimum requirement.

3. Where do we paste the photographs? I do not see a place on the forms.

You can just enclose them without pasting, they will staple/paste according to their convenience. Also when you get your visa, it will not have your photo in the visa. So dont be concerned

4. When creating the self-addressed envelope, where do we affix the postage stamp (In general, we paste it on the right hand top corner on the front side).

For express email flat rate envelope, the mailing label (where we fill out the FROM and TO addresses) is on the back side. So I am not sure if we affix the stamp on the front side (or) the back side. Can someone please confirm?

If you goto USPS, use express mail (blue line in the color),costing $18 for overnite, they will give a affix $18 stamp in one of the corners, filling the mailing slip with from as consulate address and to as your address and enclose them along with other documents in another mail(priority or express) and get them certified and having tracking number.

Similarly fedex or ups should help to self generate label and pickup your package. Costlier than usps.

5. Also, can we go ahead and stick the mailing label on the backside (or) let the consulate do it?

I believe better insert to avoid any confusion, not sure what consulate would prefer to

Archived