Successful stamping on Jan7th in Ottawa - EVC Model

rakesh.grandhi

Hi Friends,

I would like to thank this forum first. This forum has given me lot of information and now I would like to share my experience. I am in EVC model and has all the letters. Below was my interview,

Me: Good Morning Sir

VO: What does your company do? (About my employer)

Me: Explained about my employer

VO: Do you work at the Client place?

Me: Yes Sir

VO: Can I see the letters from your employer, Client and Vendor if there are any in between

Me: Handed over the letters. VO spent sometime and read all the three letters.

VO: What are your roles and responsibilities?

Me: Explained my roles and responsibilities

VO: I dont see anything wrong with your application, but I need to verify some database(PIMS). You will hear from us if we need any further information or you will get an email regarding the passport.

My interview was on Jan 7th and I got the email from embassy on Jan 10th around 5.30 PM. The same thing happened to my one of my roommates in Ottawa. One of the other roommate got Passport on Jan 8th.

We all are in EVC model. My advise is to be confident and so your homework. Present yourself in a confident way. Make sure your responsibilities were mentioned in the client letter and your employer has Right to Control you (like firing, paying, supervising etc..).

Please let me know if you need any further information. I am more than happy to help you guys.

Hi,

congrats.

You said -

VO: I dont see anything wrong with your application, but I need to verify some database(PIMS). You will hear from us if we need any further information or you will get an email regarding the passport.

Did you check status for PIMS anywhere/ if yes what status did it show ? or just need to wait till email comes?

Thank You.

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't matter. As long as your salary is more than what is mentioned in LCA, you are fine.

Hi,

I am going for h1b stamping in vancouver.

I have one question, my LCA salary and my actual salary are different. I am getting paid more that what is mentioned in LCA. Does this matter? If asked about it, what should I say?

Thanks in advance.

They didn't send an email to my manager or client. But one of my friend's manager got the email. There is no specific time. Some got within two hours of the interview and my friends manager got the email after 2 days. It depends on the VO.

Regarding accommodation, you can post in this forum and find buddies who are going at the same time or who are there in Ottawa waiting for their Visa. I was there in Econo Lodge which is very close(1.5 KM) to the embassy.

Hi !!

I will be going to ottawa for stamping on feb 21st...

I am on EVC model as well..

Could you please let me know if they had emailed your manager/client during your wait time??

Could you also give me info related to accomadation near to embassy??

Thanks in Advance !!!

Hi,

congrats.

You said -

Did you check status for PIMS anywhere/ if yes what status did it show ? or just need to wait till email comes?

Thank You.

There is no way that you can check the PIMS status. I even sent an email to some address and I didnt get any reply from them and it even didnt help me during my Visa interview. So, dont worry about PIMS. Even if the PIMS is not updated, VO will request for it and you will get your Visa in 2 to 3 days.

Archived