Case Status: Administrative Processing at Mumbai after Visa approved by VO

IlovemyIndia

I work in EC model.

I had an interview on 16th January and In the interview VO asked me 5 questions about my Employer, Client, what I do and pay.

VO said your visa has been approved and I can collect it from pick up location in 3 days.

Now when I track my application on VFS website the status says Administrative Processing. So what does that mean? and how much time is it going to take?

did any fellow members face the same situation?

and how much time did it take?

Hi,

I'm in the same situation. I applied for h4 visa on Jan 17th, 2013 in chennai and Vo told its approved. But when I see the status in CEAC website, its showing as 'Administrative Processing'.

I don't understand why they are again keeping our case in admin processing after VO said its approved.

Can you please let me know once you receive your passport.

Thanks

Hi,

I'm in the same situation. I applied for h4 visa on Jan 17th, 2013 in chennai and Vo told its approved. But when I see the status in CEAC website, its showing as 'Administrative Processing'.

I don't understand why they are again keeping our case in admin processing after VO said its approved.

Can you please let me know once you receive your passport.

Thanks

I see the status change to "Ready". It means

Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days. If no interview was required, please check back in two business days for the status of your application.

Let's wait for couple more days.

@ IlovemyIndia

Hey ... did you receive your passport? did anyone contact you for collecting the passport?

I kept checking status on CEAC and yesterday I got an email from ustraveldocs about my passport. SO I sent and email to passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com with just passport number in subject and I got a reply in couple of minutes. It said Ready for Pickup so I went to VFS pickup location and picked up my passport.

As Visa Officer said, my visa was issued and Stamped in passport as well.

• 4 years later...

Hello all,

My experience for Dropbox.

i had travelled for a 2 week vacation to India and was eligible for IWP dropbox.

17/04/2017 : Submitted and case acknowledged by CEAC. Status : Ready

18/04/2017 : Status : Ready

19/04/2017 : Status : Ready

20/04/2017 : Status : Ready

21/04/2017 : Status : Administrative Processing

24/04/2017 : Status : Issued

No 221(G) was issued.

Administrative processing doesn't mean necessarily a 221(g).

• 11 months later...

Hi,

I had my Visa interview done on April 10th. Visa officer asked me couple questions and visa got approved.  When I checked status online, I see Administrative Processing on April 10th. After a week, on April 17th I see that status date has been updated but still same status.

Does any one has this kind of issue?

Thanks

Archived