Advise on H1 Visa Stamping in Ottawa Canada

rajshekar21

Hi,

I am posting this topic to understand different people opinion - whether to go for visa stamping in canada(for EVC model candidates). From Dec15 to till date i have seen lot of people in EVC model facing lot of problems to get their visa stamped in Ottawa and Toronto. Even after having all the documents still you are give 221G and made to wait 3 to 4 weeks before eventually approving.

I am of the opinion that every candidate in EVC model who has all the required documentation, can visit India for their stamping. In case of 221G we can spend good time with our parents. I am not following much about the problems in India stamping(any information abt stamping in India would be greatly appreciated). Is the timeframe for verification in case of 221G in India more?

I request everyone in EVC model to share their views more on this forum. As for FTE it is a straight forward approval in canada with standard four questions.

Thanks,

Kishore

Yes, timeframe for 221g in India has generally been more. On the flip side you can stay with family as long as ur client is cool with the delay

My advice, don't go to Canada unless u have family or friends if u plan to stay here in case of 221g. It's too expensive

Or you can give it a shot, and go to India if U get a 221g

I have been benefited by this forum a lot and i would like to share my experience.ye I am working on EVC model. I had appointment on Jan 15th at Ottawa for my h1b renewal for me and h4 for my wife. My son is us citizen, so he was with us during interview. Since i read toronto wasnt very friendly with bringing kids,i wasnt in a mood to lookout for babysitters. We took a chance at ottawa and it worked out.

Our interview was at 9:30, counters 2,3 and 4 were open . Counter 1 was not open where i have heard asian VO had given tough time to the visa seekers. So we felt little lucky to start with, there were around 15-20 applicants waiting and more were following. It was looking a very busy day. After fingerprinting at counter 4, i was called at counter 2 for a brief 2 minute interview. My employer is just a small company with 10 employees ,so the questions were around revenue for our company, number of employees and whether they are working on inhouse or for end clients. Then i was asked to produce my end client letter, vendor letter and employer letter. VO was keen to know if any employees from my employer are supervising me and i told honestly i work direct with client being a senior person and involve my employer only on management issues and blah blah. VO was convinced with my answers i believe, he said he is granting us visa .

I Collected my passport on 18th Jan from loomis and back to US evening. Immigration at toronto was easy and i got new I94.

While flying in to canada, i forgot and air canada agent forgot to take our I94, so when i came back i handed over the same at toronto. On 15th Jan while we were waiting for out interview turn, i saw all the seekers getting visa and no 221g atleast till i left. So the success rate is more in ottawa in my opinion provided if you have all the documentation, your employer has good records, you have confidence to explain your profile as is with full honesty. I was not prepared to go to india based on my attorney''s advice, he said in case of any issues in canada, we can request our passports back and fly back to india and try out from there.

So it worked well for us. I wish all the best for anyone who has scheduled at ottawa, be confident.Carry out the interview in a discussion style not going overboard and underplaying. All the best again

Hi,

I received an email from my vendor saying that my client is not willing to provide an "end client letter" and Work Order is all that she can provide.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

h1blues.

Client letter is mandatory for H1 visa interview. If you can't get it then change the client or wait till you get that letter.

@gkpv: any reason why you said your end client is supervising rather than your own h1b holding company.

@rahul412: i saw atleast 2 posts in this forum that said they did not have a client letter but got their visa approved. i guess it depends.

There are hundred's of people who got their visa without client letter. But it doesn't mean that you will get it.

All I said is that , client letter is mandatory for interview. When I attended my interview not a single document was asked but it doesn't mean that we don't need those documents.

Hi,

I received an email from my vendor saying that my client is not willing to provide an "end client letter" and Work Order is all that she can provide.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

h1blues.

Get an email from the client that they dont provide such a letter to non-employees. It is fair that the client does not want to get into legal obligations as you are not their employee.

Produce the same to the visa officer. this is the least you can do.

Archived