Third Country Admin Processing

random007

Hi,

I plan to travel out of the country for the first time in several years. I would be getting a Change of Status stamping from F1 to H1. I'm debating whether to go to India or Canada. India is my home country. My concern is that my case is really complicated. There are pay gaps, RFEs, denials etc. although I have a valid current approval. If I go to Canada and I get Admin Processing or 221(g) or something, am I supposed to stay in the third country until the situation resolves or can I go back to India. If I do go back to India, does that constitute as a forfeiture or something and essentially get counted as a visa denial?

Please advise.

Thanks.

You can go to India that should not be a problem at all and it would not be considered as a VISA denial also. When they send you an email to come and attend in person again then you can come to Canada again provided if they give your passport to you or you can request them on the day of interview that should be a problem again. When they ask you to comeback you can submit your passport.

If I do go back to India, does that constitute as a forfeiture or something and essentially get counted as a visa denial?

Please advise.

Mr fearful., when you get 221 g u can travel to your home country india no issues unless you are scared even to step out of 3rd country.

I am not sure how can you travel back to India. In case of 221g I think they will keep your passport. How will you travel back and forth without passport?

Passport is your property and it should be with you at any time. During the visa interview if you got struck with 221g, you can ask your passport at any time.

Archived